Potential clients or their attorney will call me (Ryan Fowler) at 800-798-2008.
Initial contact is complimentary and typically lasts 20-40 minutes. I’ll do my best to answer any questions you might have.
Please call toll free (800-798-2008) and ask to speak to Ryan.
During the initial contact a general determination will be made as to what you need. A number of variables will determine the plan considered.
Most initial contacts lead to a paid initial consultation as your next step.
The initial consultation is $300.00 ($400.00 with attorney/client privilege, if we use a supervising attorney in my network) and payment must be accompanied by a client agreement and intake questionnaire.
The initial consultation includes PF Shield’s latest asset protection e-book and other relevant publications (see home page).
The initial consultation will be with Ryan Fowler and lasts approximately 45-75 minutes.
After the initial consultation I will use information from the consultation and questionnaire to formulate a comprehensive report detailing your recommended asset protection plan. Per your request, the report may also include estate planning and certain tax savings strategies, as well as optional strategies and the pros and cons of various options. I typically spend 4-8 hours on this report to design a plan that is the best fit for your particular circumstances.
Domestic Asset Protection and Estate Planning Strategies
PF Shield LLC utilizes a wide range of domestic strategies. Some of the more common strategies we use include:
- Equity stripping and Non-Qualified Personal Residence Trusts (NQPRTs) to protect personal residences. Equity stripping may also be used to protect investment real estate and other assets as well.
- LLCs and limited partnerships to protect businesses, investment real estate, and other investments; we also use these entities for estate tax reduction.
- Disregarded Entity Multi-Member LLCs.
- Special Power of Appointment (SPOA) Trusts, which may be funded by incomplete or completed gift.
- 100% legal self-employment tax reduction strategies.
- IRC § 678 Defective Beneficiary-Taxed Trusts (DBETTs) or Beneficiary Defective Inheritor’s Trusts (BDITs) for estate planning and to protect strictly personal assets that cannot be used for business.
- Preferred Freeze Partnerships (PFPs), which in many instances are superior to Family Limited Partnerships and Family LLCs.
- Billing and Collections Companies (BICOCOs) to protect a company’s accounts receivable (A/R).
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts (ILITs) to protect life insurance as well as to insure the policy’s death benefit is not included in an individual’s taxable estate.
- Living trusts for probate avoidance.
- Optimized Basis Increase Trusts (OBITs) as well as Upstream Optimized Basis Planning, to potentially obtain tax-free basis step-up of assets during your lifetime.
- We sparingly use Domestic Asset Protection Trusts and Series LLCs only in jurisdictions whose legislation specifically recognizes these strategies. Oftentimes there are alternative strategies that offer similar or even superior protection.
We customize each plan to meet our clients’ specific needs.
Domestic plans begin at about $2,500.
PF Shield frequently uses the following offshore planning tools:
- Offshore LLCs.
- Offshore trusts.
- Foreign “insurance wrappers” (VUL policies, annuities, or portfolio bonds) for enhanced asset protection, tax efficiency and access to global markets.
- Offshore bank accounts.
- Foreign Closely Held Insurance Companies (CHICs).
- We do NOT recommend IBCs or foreign foundations for asset protection. Simply put, there are more effective tools available that are less cumbersome and costly to use.
Offshore plans begin at about $4,500.