Potential clients or their attorney will call us at 800-798-2008.
Initial contact is complimentary and typically lasts 20 minutes.
Please call our toll free number (800-798-2008) and ask to speak to Ryan.
During the initial contact a general determination will be made as to what you need. A number of variables will determine the plan considered.
Most initial contacts result in an Initial Consultation.
The Initial Consultation is $250.00 ($350.00 with attorney/client privilege) and payment must be accompanied by a Client Agreement and Initial Questionnaire.
The Initial Consultation includes PF Shield’s latest publication (see home page).
The Initial Consultation will be with Ryan Fowler and lasts approximately 45-75 minutes.
After the Initial Consultation PF Shield will use information from the Consultation and initial questionnaire to formulate a comprehensive report detailing your recommended asset protection plan.
Domestic Asset Protection and Estate Planning Strategies
PF Shield LLC utilizes a wide range of domestic strategies. Some of the more common strategies we use include:
- Equity stripping and Non-Qualified Personal Residence Trusts (NQPRTs) to protect personal residences. Equity stripping may also be used to protect investment real estate and other assets as well.
- LLCs and limited partnerships to protect businesses, investment real estate, and other investments; we also use these entities for estate tax reduction.
- Disregarded Entity Multi-Member LLCs.
- 100% legal self-employment (SE) tax reduction strategies.
- Defective Beneficiary-Taxed Trusts (DBETTs) for estate planning and to protect strictly personal assets that cannot be used for business.
- Billing and Collections Companies (BICOCOs) to protect a company’s accounts receivable (A/R).
- Synthetic Roth IRAs (SynRoths) and Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts (ILITs) to protect life insurance as well as to insure the policy’s death benefit is not included in an individual’s taxable estate.
- Living trusts for probate avoidance.
- Land trusts for limited privacy and facilitation of certain real estate transactions.
- We sparingly use Domestic Asset Protection Trusts and Series LLCs only in jurisdictions whose legislation specifically recognizes these strategies. Oftentimes there are alternative strategies that offer similar or even superior protection.
- We are one of the only asset protection consulting firms that utilize UFTA §8(a) strategies to minimize the risk of fraudulent transfer rulings (a fraudulent transfer ruling usually will cause your asset protection program to fail.)
We customize each plan to meet our clients’ specific needs.
Basic domestic plans begin at about $2,500.
PF Shield frequently uses the following offshore planning tools:
- Offshore LLCs
- Offshore trusts are used sparingly and are usually not the first line of defense in an asset protection program. The exception is when the trust’s grantor is not a beneficiary of the trust, in which case an offshore trust is an excellent asset protection tool.
- Foreign “insurance wrappers” (VUL policies, annuities, and portfolio bonds) for enhanced asset protection and access to global markets.
- Offshore bank accounts.
- Foreign Closely Held Life Insurance Companies (CHLICs).
- We do NOT recommend IBCs or foreign foundations for asset protection. Simply put, there are more effective tools available that are less cumbersome and costly to use.
Basic offshore plans begin at about $6,000.